Summer School is more than a course. It is an event and a celebration of the possibilities of the Solution Focused approach which takes place annually in the heart of London in August. 'Newbies' and 'oldies' alike will attend Summer School working along side each other and learning from each other. There will be social events for those who choose in the evenings but the course above all is an exploration of the latest developments in this exciting, generous, appreciative, effective, efficient, empowering, exciting (yes it really is) way of working. The programme is always responsive to the group but has typically included presentations, exercises and live demonstrations. Chris and Harvey and Evan will look forward to your company and your unique contribution!
Solution Focused Brief Therapy: 100 Key Points and Techniques provides a concise and jargon-free guide to the thinking and practice of this exciting approach, enabling people to make changes in their lives quickly and effectively. It covers:
- the history and background to solution focused practice
- the philosophical underpinnings of the approach
- techniques and practices
- specific applications to work with children and adolescents (including schools-based work), families and adults
- how to deal with difficult situations
- organisational applications including supervision, coaching and leadership
- frequently asked questions
This book is an invaluable resource for all therapists and counsellors, whether in training or practice. It will also be essential for any professional whose job it is to help people make changes in their lives, and will therefore be of interest to social workers, probation officers, psychiatric staff, doctors, and teachers, as well as those working in organisations as coaches and managers.