Four-day foundation course in Solution Focused practice. This 'flag-ship' programme has been the introduction to Solution Focus for many of the UK's leading practitioners. Exciting, energising and inspiring many participants can't wait to get back to their work to put their newly-learnt skills into practice.
Solution Focused Brief Therapy: 100 Key Points and Techniques provides a concise and jargon-free guide to the thinking and practice of this exciting approach, enabling people to make changes in their lives quickly and effectively. It covers:
- the history and background to solution focused practice
- the philosophical underpinnings of the approach
- techniques and practices
- specific applications to work with children and adolescents (including schools-based work), families and adults
- how to deal with difficult situations
- organisational applications including supervision, coaching and leadership
- frequently asked questions
This book is an invaluable resource for all therapists and counsellors, whether in training or practice. It will also be essential for any professional whose job it is to help people make changes in their lives, and will therefore be of interest to social workers, probation officers, psychiatric staff, doctors, and teachers, as well as those working in organisations as coaches and managers.