Aims of programme
This 2-day programme is designed to help build the confidence those practitioners who have already completed the Level 1 Foundation Course in Solution Focused Practice. It is intended that by the end of the course participants will have had the opportunity to:
- Review the main elements of Solution Focus Practice
- Address issues that have arisen in their Solution Focused work
- Observe recordings or demonstrations of therapy undertaken by BRIEF with clients
- Practice the techniques in order to further develop
- And become freshly energized and raring to go with their next client back at work!
Solution Focused approach
The Solution Focused approach is based on a simple set of practical questions, the answers to which make a difference to most clients’ lives. The key elements are as follows:
- Agreeing an outcome from the work
- Describing a preferred future
- Exploring ‘instances’ and ‘exceptions’: times the future is already present
- Using scales, link past and present with the client’s hoped-for future
- Follow-up sessions: tracing progress
- Keeping client-centred
The course will contain a lively mixture of presentation discussion, videotape demonstration and practice- based exercise. The exercise in pairs, threes and small groups are intended to exemplify the approach while being of direct use to course members.
Each course is a unique event and the programme will be adapted to fit each group of participants
- Revisiting “best hopes” questions
- Interactional descriptions
- Building on what works
- Putting numbers to work: more on scale questions
- Dealing with setbacks and stuck cases
As you will already be using some Solution Focused skills please pay attention to whatever you do that seems to work. We will want to hear about it.
All courses will be run by one of BRIEF’s founders, Evan George or Chris Iveson, who have world-wide recognition as important leaders in this field.
For more information contact Chris: firstname.lastname@example.org and Evan: email@example.com
SF Practice: Foundation Level 2
||22 Feb - 23 Feb 2022
||27 Apr - 28 Apr 2022
||05 Jul - 06 Jul 2022