Aims of programme
This 2 Day programme is intended to consolidate the learning and practice of those who have attended Foundation Levels 1 and 2 and have been applying Solution Focused techniques to their work.
This programme is intended for those who do direct work with clients
Solution Focused approach
The Solution Focused approach is based on a simple set of practical questions, the answers to which make a difference to most clients’ lives. The key elements are as follows:
- Agreeing an outcome from the work
- Describing a preferred future
- Exploring ‘instances’ and ‘exceptions’: times the future is already present
- Using scales, link past and present with the client’s hoped-for future
- Follow-up sessions: tracing progress
- Keeping client-centred
The course will contain a lively mixture of presentation discussion, videotape demonstration and practice- based exercise. The exercise in pairs, threes and small groups are intended to exemplify the approach while being of direct use to course members.
Each course is a unique event and the programme will be adapted to fit each group of participants
- A review of the Solution Focused approach
- Building on what works: looking at sparkling moments in participants’ Solution Focused Practice
- Revisiting “best hopes” questions
- Interactional descriptions
- Putting numbers to work: more on scale questions
- Dealing with setbacks and stuck cases
It would be very useful to all course members if you would work hard at maintaining a Solution Focus throughout a whole interview as well as noticing the times when you are diverted.
All courses will be run by one of BRIEF’s founders, Evan George or Chris Iveson, who have world-wide recognition as important leaders in this field.
For more information contact Chris: email@example.com and Evan: firstname.lastname@example.org
SF Practice: Foundation Level 3
||29 Mar - 30 Mar 2022
||22 Jun - 23 Jun 2022
||29 Nov - 30 Nov 2022